COVID-19: Impacts on Business in China & Key Legal Issues for Canadian Companies
Registration has been closed.
Join us on March 26 at 9:00 – 10:30 am EDT to hear first-hand from some of the top legal and tax experts from mainland China and Hong Kong on critical legal issues and impacts faced by many international businesses in China because of COVID-19.
Whether you have concerns related to preventing and solving contractual disputes, are struggling with your future corporate strategy in China or are curious about the tax break/incentives that the Chinese government has made available for businesses to apply for, we encourage you to tune in.
Date: Thursday, March 26, 2020
Time: 9:00 am – 10:30 am EDT
Click here to see video recording of this event
9:00 am EDT Welcome and Introduction
- Amy Willis, President of HKCBA Ottawa
- Tianpeng Wang, CEO, Trustiics
9:05 am EDT Market Observation – Mainland China
- Mikael Charette, Director for Business Development, Trustiics
9:15 am EDT Market Observation – Hong Kong
- Paul Tang, Partner at White & Case LLP Hong Kong
9:30-10:15 am EDT Top legal and tax experts on critical legal issues and impacts faced by many international businesses in China due to COVID-19
9:30 am EDT “Re-think your China Strategy – Pull-out or New Investment Opportunities?”
- Daniel Li, Equity Partner at Jingtian & Gongcheng LLP Shanghai
9:45 am EDT “Dispute Resolution arising out of contract termination”
- Emilia Shi, Senior Partner at Dentons Shanghai
10:00 am EDT “Tax incentives businesses need to know about”
- Pierre Wong, Managing Director of Integra Group Shanghai
10:15 am EDT Q & A Session
10:30 am EDT Closing
Tianpeng Wang, CEO, Trustiics & Partner, Mistral Venture Capital Partners
Emilia Shi, Senior Partner, Dentons Shanghai
Paul Tang, Partner, White & Case LLP Hong Kong
Mikael Charette, Director, Trustiics Shanghai
Daniel Li, Equity Partner, Jingtian & Gongcheng Shanghai
Pierre Wong, Managing Director, Integra Group
Amy Willis, MBA, CPA, CMA, President, Hong Kong-Canada Business Association (Ottawa) and Director, Pinnacle Global
Amy is President of Hong Kong-Canada Business Association – Ottawa and a Director with Pinnacle Global.
Amy has over 10 years’ experience in strategic planning and execution, finance and operations, and investment and partnership development in Canada and Asia. Having spent half of her life in China and the other half in Canada, she has first-hand knowledge of doing business in both China and Canada, including founding and scaling up a start-up to over 160 personnel in four years with the opening of a branch office in China. Her innovative entrepreneurial leadership and unbridled passion for making a real difference have earned her a proven record of success, which has been featured on CBC, CTV, Rogers TV, and in the Ottawa Citizen.
Amy is fluent in English and Mandarin. She received her MBA from Queen’s University and Honours Bachelor of Commerce (Accounting) from the University of Ottawa. She is also a Chartered Professional Accountant, Certified Management Accountant (CPA, CMA). Amy also serves on the Board of the Financial Management Institute of Canada (FMI IGF) – Capital Chapter.
More topics and slides from the webinar:
- Daniel Lee – Re-think your China Strategy Pull-out or New Investment Opportuniy
- Emilia Shi – Impact of COVID-19 on Contract Disputes
- Mikael Charette – Market Observations: Mainland China
- Paul Tang – Market Observations: Hong Kong
- Pierre Wong – Impacts of Covid-19 on International Business in China: Legal and Tax Issues
- Tianpeng Wang – How can Trustiics help international businesses with their China legal issues?